Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A sense of accomplishment

With D1 leaving in a day I actually have a strong sense of accomplishment. The meat birds are "free-ranging" in a MIG run. They seem very happy, even when they got rained on the first night. The laying hens and Gobble (the bronze turkey) are in the new coop and also seem very happy. The new trailer is mostly assembled. The 4H pigs and sheep are in their pens and are more tame everyday. The garden is planted-however late. The fridge is stocked. I feel okay about leaving the men in charge for a few days.

One meat bird is in the fridge as she could no longer walk around enough to be healthy. Thank God for YouTube and blogs. Thank you Deliberate Agrarian for your very helpful post.

The kids took it all very well. They watched the whole process. I was surprised at how comfortable they were the whole process. They can't wait to eat her. She may go on the rotisserie today. I think we did a good job for our first time. We didn't make too much of a mess, we got the job done, and I don't think our bird suffered.

D1 has everything she needs for her adventure in China with G'ma. The laundry is current.

The only hitch now is that my Sis called and the Ford Ranger I was supposed to drive home for S1 won't start. I can only pray that it is a simple fix since D4 and I only have a one way ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment