Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wrangler tradition

Sunday again and I just want to sleep in. It is always the same: get up(too early), get dressed(the same clothes every week!), and off to Mass. I feel ridiculous. I would never wear this outfit if I could choose. Mama keeps saying "It makes Papa happy, so you'll wear it and love it or you can go to Mass in your underwear and see how you like that."

Mama gets to wear whatever she wants so I don't think she understands how much I can't stand this suit. It is hard enough to seem cool at church without being the only one there under 80 (except Papa) who is wearing a dress jacket. I feel like a penguin. 

Here we all are, my two brothers, Papa and myself, in our black jackets, white dress shirts and black Wrangler jeans. Same every Sunday. Mama says it is the only time she ever gets him to wear anything other than his blue jeans (still Wranglers). He even wore them when they got married. He even wore the blue ones that day. 

I guess we look pretty good. At least that's what people always tell us. Mama says she is the luckiest girl in the world to sit with such handsome men every week. Maybe more kids in the 6th grade will wear Wranglers too. They all wear them at the fair. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this story, what a great tribute!
    -jen

    ReplyDelete